Wednesday 26 March 2014

Spinach & gammon creamy pasta

That is one of my husbands favourites pastas. It is very easy to make and always tasted like heaven :)

You will need the following:
1 packet of fresh spinach (you can use frozen one, I never measure how much I will need so use as to your liking)
1 gammon steak (around 120g) (or you can replace it with bacon)
1 medium onion
2 garlic cloves
1 nutmeg (I use freshly grated one but feel free to use a powdered one)
100ml double cream (I know I use a lot of cream in my recipes but I'm Polish...we love cream)
Half a packet of spaghetti (I prepare it for two people and I always end up with a bit of left overs)
Parmesan cheese for garnishing if not creamy enough  ;)


Fry chopped onion on a medium heat until transparent, add minced garlic and fry quickly to avoid burning. Now you can add diced gammon and fry for about 5 min or until it is cooked. Add spinach and cover the pan until wilted (ass on the picture). Add grated nutmeg, salt and pepper and cream.
In the mean time cook your spaghetti in a big pan with lots of boiling water. I always boil water first, add some oil and salt and then add pasta. Try to mix it in the boiling water quite often to avoid pasta sticking together. Once pasta is cooked (check for cooking time on the packet) drain it and rinse quickly in cold water (it stops it from overcooking). Top it with the spinach and gammon sauce and mix it all together. I am sure you will love it as much as we do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment